Terms and Conditions
Please take the time to read all of our Terms and Conditions. I am completely committed to working with you to achieve the best possible outcome for you and need your commitment to do this.
I acknowledge that I understand the following:
- Nutritional medicine practitioners (referred as a nutritionist) are not medical doctors and nutrition does not take the place of medical treatment where warranted
- Nutritionists assess the whole person, including the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual aspects of the individual via case taking, physical examinations and third-party functional pathology testing
- A record will be kept of the health services provided to me. The record will be held in strict confidence and will not be released to others unless so directed by the law (refer to Privacy Act). I understand that my nutritionist may discuss my case with other healthcare providers, but only after first informing me if this is necessary.
- The ultimate responsibility for my health care is my own.
- I further acknowledge the information provided to me by Chelsea Tracey is designed to meet my personal dietary needs. It is not suitable for any other individuals and will not be transferred, copied or sold to another person.
- In order to benefit from the treatment prescribed by Chelsea Tracey, I understand the importance to inform either my physician or Chelsea Tracey of any changes I make in the application of my nutrition recommendations.
- It is my responsibility to report any side effects or problems immediately and to make the necessary adjustments to my treatment plan with my physician and/ or Chelsea Tracey.
- I will not hold my physician or Chelsea Tracey responsible for any complications that result from my failure to comply with either of the above.
If you cannot keep an appointment, please allow at least 24 hours notice to cancel or reschedule your appointment. If notice is given after this time a cancellation fee will be charged at 50% of the consultation rate.
LATE & MISSED APPOINTMENTS
If you arrive late to an appointment, but within your appointed time slot, you may receive a shorter consultation in an effort not to inconvenience the next client. If you arrive after or entirely miss an appointment, you will be charged the full consultation fee.
All services must be paid in cash, in full, at the conclusion of your consultation. Credit card payments can be arranged, however, a 3% surcharge applies. Failure to pay on the day may incur an additional late fee of 10% of your total charges.
I agree to be personally liable for payment of all fees. Overdue accounts will be referred to a Debt Collection Agency. The costs incurred in obtaining payment will be added to the original outstanding amount.
The Federal Privacy Act of 1998 requires that fully informed voluntary consent be obtained for the collection of health information. Quality medical care requires full knowledge of patient health information by all members of a medical team. For this reason, your information may be shared with other health providers. Some information may also be provided to Medicare and Private Health Funds for billing and rebate purposes. Health information may be used for ‘secondary purposes’ such as auditing clinical results and clinical research etc. These activities are a normal part of good healthcare practice. The privacy of the individual patient is strictly maintained when reporting results of audits or research.
I have read and understood the statements above and give permission for my medical records to be accessed by Chelsea Tracey or her representative in her practice. I further give my permission for my records to be used for the purposes of audit and research with the understanding that I would not be personally identified in any way.
Prior to your initial consultation you will be asked to provide formal consent to these terms and conditions.