So I made it to day 4. I was starting to think I was going to see it through. I now feel determined to get through all 21 days .. despite noticing some unsightly spots on my face. Eish, when did I last have a pimple? I don't really get pimples these days but I have noticed small spots appearing. It may mean I'm burning fat and it is in the fat that we store toxins. So it's possible my body is releasing toxins as it mobilises the fat. Another contributing factor might be the increase in dairy which some studies report a link between increased incidence of acne. Whilst I'm not a fan of milk I have increased my intake of good quality cheeses.
Did you know our skin is naturally acidic and yet we spend tonnes of money on products that strip our skin bare. A good tip for those suffering from pimples is to dab organic apple cider vinegar (ACV) on the affected area at night and let it do its magic. ACV works on acne because it returns the acidity to our skin. It also kills bacteria, removes excess dirt, oil and makeup and dissolves dead skin cells. I cleanse my face with almond oil, then use ACV as a toner (1 tbs ACV mixed in water) and spray it over my face, avoiding the eyes and gentle wipe away the remaining grime!
I noticed I didn't get any headaches today which is great and feeling a little more satisfied from my food. So here's what I ate on Day 4 . . .
- Breakfast: homemade coconut flat bread, with butter, and lashings of avocado mash, drizzled with lemon, sea salt, cracked pepper, olive oil and crumbled feta
- Snack: didn't need one today
- Lunch: left over stuffed capsicum, with feta, eggplant, garlic, chilli, sauteed silverbeet in coconut oil
- Snack: handful of cashews and almonds
- Dinner: homemade bolognese using tempeh, tomatoes, ACV, garlic, chilli, drizzled with olive oil and served with lightly steamed spinach and grated organic cheddar.
Why not share your LCHF recipes!
Yours in health