Le Tour de France is Le killing me!! I had to resort to coffee today. But it was only the one, so nothing to worry about, but it's a good thing I don't match the number of green teas for coffee as I'd be a jitering mess.
Everything is tracking along pretty much the same. My weight has been stable for the last couple of days, carb cravings are still about the same, although I found having the almond and coconut loaf definitely made feel like I was getting a carb fix. I have not had any headaches or irritability so things are pretty much how I would feel if I was eating carbs. Remember though, I tend normally eat whole grains so buckwheat, quinoa (although technically a seed), rolled oats, brown rice etc so my experience is going to be much different compared to someone who normally eats refined sugars (so all your packaged white carbs).
One observation that I did not expect was my response to sleep deprivation (which is pretty mild when compared to new parents with baby in toe!). Typically when I'm running low on sleep and like everyone else what do you opt for - carbs, carbs and more carbs! I can't get enough of the stuff. Well not on the LCHF you don't, unless of course you cheat. I managed to keep myself on the straight and narrow, which is pretty impressive as usually in this situation my carb cravings knocking at my hunger door all day long. So perhaps I'm starting to create a shift in my cravings. They're certainly still there when it comes to carbs, but maybe the fat has dulled the door knocking a little.
- Breakfast: 3 egg omelet, cherry tomatoes cooked in lots of butter
- Snack: very last slice of my almond & coconut bread with natural peanut butter
- Lunch: left over cauliflower rice with garlic and butter, with diced lamb, fennel, mushrooms, and spinach
- Snack: handful of almonds
- Dinner: homemade chicken curry, with lemon juice, coconut cream, fennel, broccoli, kale, onion, garlic, spices, fresh ginger, mushrooms
- Snack: yoghurt a few blue berries, coconut flakes, ground flax seeds
- Beverages: water x1L, green tea x3 cups, coffee x1, dandelion tea x1, camomile tea x1
Yours in health