Today was the first time I ventured out for dinner since being on the challenge and it was definitely much easier to pick a low carb option compared to your lunch options which are basically a carb feast at your local cafe. Tonights dinner was at at modern asian restaurant that had an amazing selection of meat or fish based dishes to choose from.
I've been taking a magnesium supplement for a couple of days and I am still not as regular as usual but there's been some improvement .. enough said on that topic!
I feel like the withdrawal symptoms from eating low carbs, such as headaches and low blood sugar have definitely subsided but I am still mentally going through waves of cravings for carbohydrates. They say it takes about 21 days to form a new habit so perhaps by the end of this challenge I won't rely on the carbs so much.
- Breakfast: homemade coconut yoghurt (made from coconut creme), coconut flakes, pepitas, flaxseed, sunflower seeds, cinnamon and vanilla
- Snack: handful of cashews
- Lunch: Crustless quiche, eggs, bacon, kale, cherry tomatoes, cottage cheese and buttermilk, served with green salad, red capsicum and mushrooms
- Snack: handful of almonds
- Dinner: Out for dinner, a bit of an asian tapas consisting of san choi bao, calamari, lamb ribs and pork belly!
- Beverages: Water x1L, Green tea x4 cups, rooibos tea x1, camomile tea x1
One third of the way through my challenge. It's like completing le tour but only with food and 10 times easier than what those guys put their bodies through.
Yours in health